Registration, residence permit and asylum

Apply for a residence permit now

Registering in an initial reception centre or an arrival centre
When you register, you will receive an arrival certificate (Ankunftsnachweis), a provisional residence document (Fiktionsbescheinigungor a certificate indicating the reception facility responsible for you (Anlaufbescheinigung). This document is very important for your next steps in Germany.

Back to guide