Can I get child benefit?

Can I get child benefit?

Yes, if

  • your child is living in the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, and
  • your family has a residence permit, and
  • the parent applying for child benefit works in Germany or has been living in Germany without interruption for at least 15 months.

FAQ on child benefit and other cash benefits

Leaflet on child benefit (PDF, English)

Back to guide